Adipex P (Adipex Phentermine) is a weight loss supplement that is usually quite helpful for the people who are willing to lose a significant amount of weight.
It can be even helpful for those who are suffering from any illness or serious health problems due to their body size and excess weight.
It mainly performs its role by suppression of the appetite.
The consumer needs to use it just for a few weeks (usually even less than 12 weeks) to see noticeable results.
The reason of such duration is that Adipex-P tends to lose its potential or effectiveness.
Bottom Line: try to use Adipex P but use it as per your doctor’s suggestion.
About the Company:
Gate pharmaceuticals are the manufacturers of Adipex P.
Commonly Used Brand Name(s): Adipex, Adipex-P, Atti-Plex P, Fastin, Ionamin, Lomaira, Phentercot, Phentride, Pro-Fast
Therapeutic Classifications: Appetite Suppressant, Centrally Acting
The company started its operation in 1990 and it works as the USA branch for one of the Israeli-based Teva Pharmaceuticals.
Moreover, the company produces more than twenty products and Adipex P is one those products.
What is the working Principle of Adipex P?
- It comes in the category of the Anorectic agent
- It is an agent that can reduce the appetite of the consumer significantly.
- Adipex works on the same principle as Phentermine.
- It performs its role through suppressing the appetite of the user.
- It happens to suppress the appetite by influencing the nervous system.
- It simply stimulates the secretion of chemicals in the brain that can effectively curb the feeling of hunger.
Thus, the user feels full while eating or consuming the fewer calories.
Moreover, its effects are more prominent when the user is also following the right diet and suitable exercise regimen to control the problem of obesity.
Adipex Dosage – Directions for using Adipex P
Use Adipex P as per your doctor’s prescription.
Follow the directions properly.
Do not carry on using medicine either in small or in large dosage after the recommended period of time.
capsule, HCl salt: Schedule IV
- 15mg (generics)
- 30mg (generics)
- 37.5mg (Adipex P, generics)
tablet, HCl salt: Schedule IV
- 8mg (Lomaira)
- 37.5mg (Adipex P, generics)
The users can use Adipex-P with or without food and it does work the same way.
However, it surely affects your sleeping pattern so it is good to use it before 6:00 pm and not after that to avoid inevitable sleep-related issues.
Do remember that taking the increased quantity of this medicine will not increase its potential; it will work the same way but yes,
increasing the quantity more than the recommended dosage will surely increase the risk factor of it and it is likely to cause threatening side effects.
- The site is quite transparent, they are telling themselves what are negative points about their supplement and who should not use their supplement.
- Adipex P is approved by FDA facility.
- It is certainly helpful for weight loss and people who are overweight.
Things to remember about Adipex P:
- People should not use it if they already have the history of cardiovascular diseases such as (coronary artery disease, congestive heart failure, imbalanced blood pressure, stroke, and arrhythmias)
- Patients who are using MAOIs (monoamine oxidase inhibitors) or even have it in the last two weeks should not go for Adipex P.
- Patients who are suffering from thyroid problems should not go for Adipex P
- People who have glaucoma (intense pressure in the eye area)
- People who can go in an agitated state or have a past of drug addiction
- Women who are either nursing or they are in their pregnancy period
- People who are likely to be allergic to sympathomimetic amines, for instance, Phentermine, or any other ingredient that is part of the composition should not opt for Adipex P.
- Do not merge Adipex P with any other medicine or weight loss supplementation, as it is not suggestible to merge it with any other medicine or weight loss supplement.
Adipex Side Effects:
Primary Pulmonary Hypertension:
An uncommon yet highly dangerous and deadly disease of lungs, the users of Phentermine and products of the similar composition have suffered this disease in a few rare cases.
Do let your doctor know if you are experiencing pain in chest/ heart, shortness of breath, facing faintness or swelling in the lower areas of the legs after using this supplement.
Moreover, if you are feeling lack of potential to complete your regular exercise session and if it is happening repeatedly, then immediately inform your doctor.
Cardio vascular issues:
People may experience heart-related issues if they are using Phentermine or any similar formula products.
The supplement has the potential to develop the tolerance.
When the same dosage does not work for the user as it used to work, then instead of increasing dosage, it is time to stop taking the supplement.
Alcohol is a complete NO:
Do not use it if you have the habit of drinking Alcohol.
As Adipex-P has the tendency to cause severe drug reaction when consumed with alcohol.
Patients with high blood pressure must avoid it as Adipex P is able to increase the pressure of blood, must inform your doctor if you have had the problem of high blood pressure.
People need to decrease the amount of insulin or other hypoglycemic medications before they start taking Adipex P or any other supplement with a similar composition of Phentermine.
The other side effects of Adipex P include
- Heart disease
- Increased Heart rate
- Blood pressure
- Dry mouth
- Changes in the libido
- Pulmonary hypertension
Ban on Phentermine:
The Ban on the sale of Phentermine was imposed in several countries because of its various side effects.
However, Food and Drug Administration allows the sale of phentermine.
Adipex-P is a drug that is certainly helpful in weight loss.
However, no individual should start using it unless the doctor prescribes it to him.
As it comes with numerous risk factors and side effects, plus the duration of its use should also be short.
Hence, the supervision of a good physician is highly important and the user should talk to a doctor first.