The Eat Stop Eat is designed by Brad Pilon for sorting out the over weightiness problem for the obese people. Eat Stop Eat focuses on intermittent fasting.
Moreover, this category of fasting limits the timing of eating instead of kinds of food individual eats.
The designer of this fascinating program has a background of the industry of sports nutrition and supplements himself.
Pilon explains Science also provides evidence that when we limit our eating timing; it has significant changes on our body weight.
Additionally, this intermittent fasting is able to lower down the risk of different diseases.
- 1 How it works:
- 2 So, does it work?
- 3 Fasting and Non-Fasting Days:
- 4 One fast or break = 24 hours
- 5 For example;
- 6 Exercise during Eat Stop Eat System:
- 7 Where will you get them?
- 8 1. Why do the diets fail?
- 9 2. Calories ≠ not important
- 10 Why?
- 11 3. Eating too less is a completely No-No:
- 12 Eat Stop Eat Benefits:
- 13 Some of the other benefits are
- 14 Eat Stop Eat has cons too
- 15 Final Comment:
How it works:
Eat Stop Eat program does not guide you to skip any food group but as a matter of fact, it restricts the time when you can have food or you cannot.
So, does it work?
Basically, fasts are much more effective to stimulate weight loss rather skipping any particular food group entirely in your diet.
Although it (skipping food) may seem helpful, in reality, it causes different deficiencies in the human body that in some cases can be quite dangerous.
On the other hand, Eat Stop Eat lets you eat everything of your choice and you just need to observe a kind of fast almost two times a week.
Furthermore, this pattern of Eat Stop Eat program does not have any exercise or workout in it; it is just about 2 to 3 times taking a break from food and that it but if you are willing you can add a small resistance training even less than five minutes.
Fasting and Non-Fasting Days:
Eat Stop Eat fundamentals are pretty simple,
You take a break from food twice or thrice in a week and nine to twelve times in a month.
One fast or break = 24 hours
However, if taking a 24-hour break seems to you too much then you may aim for 20-23 hours and it will work too.
The point is you will resume eating with the serving size that you normally eat; try not to compensate eating excessively for the break of 24 hours then it (break) will not be able to show its significance.
Eat the way you eat but with a reasonable amount.
Additionally, take 2000 calories if you are a woman and 2500 calories if you are a man on the days when you are not observing intermittent fasting.
Note: never take a 24-hour break in consecutive days, keep one or two-day gap between your two fasts.
If you eat on Friday 7:00 pm then you should take your next meal on Saturday in the timings of 4:00-7:00 pm and it needs to be just any regular meal of yours.
Then observe the second break may be on Tuesday or Wednesday but never on a consecutive day.
However, do not exceed the number of fasts maximum three to two even sometimes you can have only one fast in a week’s time.
Bottom Line: you can easily create a deficit of 10%-20%, less consumption of food is definitely a yes.
Exercise during Eat Stop Eat System:
Exercise is not part of this program. However, if you want to engage some then it simply is like “more the merrier”.
But one thing, do remember, you do not need to do cardio or exercise that is bound to cause fatigue.
Instead, go for workout training or resistance maintaining exercises to build your inner strength.
Moreover, you may skip exercises on the day of fasting and on the non-fasting days, you can do your resistance training exercises.
Bonus point: some of the strength training exercises or routines are as short as 4 t0 10 minutes.
Where will you get them?
The Internet is full of such routines that take less time and impacts are major, go for one of your choices.
- Why losing weight is so complicated?
- Why do I need Eat Stop Eat to help me out?
The answer to these questions is given in the content below:
Losing weight often sounds intimidating to the individuals who are successful in all the other areas of life but when it comes to losing weight, they feel helpless.
1. Why do the diets fail?
Weight Loss diets fail because they are not natural.
They often urge dieters to skip any particular one or two group of foods.
They may let the dieters lose a few pounds or may be a dramatic loss but as soon as the dieters resume their normal routine, they are bound to get that lost weight once again.
Bottom Line: only 2%-3% people succeed in keeping their lost weight off their bodies for good. So, diets comprise of skipping 1-2 groups of food are a complete No-No.
2. Calories ≠ not important
Calories do not matter. This is the biggest lie in the weight loss field.
Calories do matter. It seems fairly enough to sell the diet plans and programs with these slogans because people get impressed when they hear such phrases and they start believing as these diets and plans are some sort of magical potent that can help them but in fact when we observe closely they are some mean and bogus claims nothing more.
Bottom Line: Taking adequate amount of calories with a proper balance of macro and micronutrients is essential.
3. Eating too less is a completely No-No:
When you eat an insufficient amount of food your body gets the signal that you are in some sort of situation where the food is not in abundance and your body, in the name of support and keeping you alive, goes into the starvation mood.
In which your body focuses on more collection of fat reserves to keep you alive and this starvation is a complete disaster for any kind of weight loss.
Bottom Line: Do not eat very less. Eating insufficient amount of food is worse for you than better.
Eat Stop Eat Benefits:
Scientific studies and research back intermittent fasting.
The modern studies consider it a significant way for losing weight. Moreover, it encourages the user’s body to keep the good amount of lean muscle and lose the unnecessary amount of weight.
Plus, intermittent fasting has many other health advantages to offer as it smoothens the functions of body organs.
Some of the other benefits are
- Intermittent fasting keeps your body clean from the inside
- This type of fasting has the tendency to decline inflammation
- There are several studies in the favor of intermittent fasting
- You can enjoy your favorite food on nonfasting days and without having any guilt
- Eat Stop Eat is not a burden for your lifestyle
- You do not need to be very cautious about calorie count just a rough estimate within the limit will be good enough
- Fasting days may sound terrible but in reality, they are not very hard. Only if you are not obsessed with food all the time (trick: keep yourself busy to avoid over thinking about the food)
- They are super friendly for any busy schedule person
Eat Stop Eat has cons too
Here are they:
- The program may evoke crankiness in some people
- Eat Stop Eat is not suitable for the diabetic patients
- Eat Stop Eat is not a good option for pregnant women (as weight loss should not be done during pregnancy, so any weight loss supplementation is bad)
- People who have the medical history or are on heavy medication should talk their doctor first
- People who have eating disorders should talk to their doctor first
- Beverages are allowed on fasting days that is again not a very good sign because unhealthy choices even in beverages and sweetened drinks may destroy all the impact of intermittent fasting.
Using Eat Stop Eat program can be helpful for busy yet interested people who love to lose weight but just do not know how to manage it with their busy lives
Although just like any other plan or program, this plan also has flaws, self-control and persistent approach can make this plan do wonder for the users of it.